1000 MEALS FOR 1000 KIDS
Homeless youth Awareness Campaign
Hausman Youth Assistance Organization
Ontario Charity # 833408925 RR0001
Hausman Youth Assistance Organization &
BeSocial Event Management Inc.
OUR GOALS: INCREASE AWARENESS (about homeless youth in GTA)
TO RAISE $40,000
The funds will be used responsibly to provide:
- One Christmas Meal outside of everyday shelter
- One Christmas Gift (clothing, school supplies, toiletries, gift cards)
- Inspirational Moment (Get Inspired, kids and youth performance)
$20 donation will provide a healthy Christmas Meal,
$40 donation will provide a healthy Christmas Meal, Christmas Gifts, inspiring moment, kids and youth performance.
Every dollar counts, let’s show we care and GIVE as much as we possibly can.
- There are at least 10,000 homeless youths in Toronto during any given year
- As many as 2,000 homeless youths on a given night
- An estimated 40,000 youths are homeless in Canada at any time during the year
Did you know?
- 70% have suffered physical, sexual or emotional abuse
- 50% come from middle and upper-income homes
- Homeless youth are up to 40 times more likely to die young than their peers
Homeless youth come from homes where there is abuse and neglect. They may also find themselves on the street because of family breakdown, bullying, struggles with mental health and addiction, conflict with parents, particularly from those from more-traditional cultures, or because of their sexual orientation.
Covenant House statistics
Charities assist each other and depend on donors in order to provide necessary counseling, training and programs needed for youth in transition.
Now for the first time charities get together to provide a special Christmas experience.
1000 Meals for 1000 Kids Charity and Awareness Campaign
There will be amazing networking opportunities and fantastic entertainment, all the while supporting an outstanding charitable initiative.
Inspiring performances by, a world famous electronic violinist and Natasha Kudashkina, a revolutionary award winning Bodypainter and visionary.
(Air Canada Business Development Manager)
(Former Consul General of Malta and Past President of Toronto Forest Hill Rotary Club)
Professor Roberto C Hausman
(awarded by RBC one of Canada’s Top 25 Immigrants)
Great door prizes and raffles and an amazing auction.
2 tickets from AIR CANADA anywhere in North America
MARRIOTT 2 night stay with breakfast and more…
Enjoy the Excellent Reception Menu offered by Marriott and an open bar, all for just $80.
RESERVE NOW, Limited tickets available.
You will have a memorable experience.
Let’s spread joy and kindness!
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. Donate Directly. Whether it is $20, $200 or $ 20.000, every dollar helps. Charitable tax receipts are available. Go to https://www.giveffect.org/charities/416 Click on Donate button or Send a Cheque to Hausman Youth Assistance organization – 1000 Meals 1000 Kids – Address 4646 Dufferin Street, Unit 2, Toronto, Ontario. M6E 3S5
2. Lead your own campaign – Set a fundraising goal and invite your friends, family, and business partners to support your efforts in raising funds for 1000 Meals for 1000 Kids. Go to https://www.giveffect.org/campaigns/420-1000-meals-for-1000-kids, Click on the PARTICIPATE button to set up your own crowd funding campaign.
3. Help Spread the Word – Increase awareness – please consider sending an email to friends, family and business partners to tell them about 1000 Meals for 1000 Kids Campaign.
4. Participate at 1000 Meals for 1000 Kids Event Awareness Campaign; August 21st 2014 at 6pm, event hosted at Marriott Courtyard, 475 Yonge Street, Toronto.
For more details https://www.uniiverse.com/besocial
We would like to express our gratitude and special thank you to Millo Vassallo, Former Consul General of Malta, and to our sponsors, who have made this event possible.
Hausman Youth Assistance Organization.
ONTARIO CHARITY # 001630934
- assist children in need
- youth at risk
- new immigrants
The Director: Professor Roberto Charles Hausman
- One of Canada’s Top 25 Immigrants – RBC June 2014 award
- Founded the Canadian Law Enforcement Training College
- Produced and hosted Latin Life – Toronto’s first English Language television show devoted to showcasing Latino Culture.
- Founded Hausman Youth Assistance organization www.needyyouth.com
Within the first two weeks of his arrival in Canada, Roberto Hausman was given a winter jacket, gloves and a scarf from an immigrant settlement organization. He was so touched by this that he vowed to become successful in Canada so he could do the same for others.
Donations – value of over $386,000
- Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter;
- My Sister’s Place;
- Yong Street Mission
Scholarships – value of over $500,000 (youth looking for a new career, and a better future)
Donations outside Canada – to over 11 Countries
- Dominican Republic, Cuba, Colombia, Philippines,
- Indonesia, Thailand, Ukraine, Russia, Uruguay, etc..